Pages

Tuesday 27 July 2010

The Track and its myriad visitors...



I collect most of the material for my cards from a woodland track which was once an old railway line. It is particularly lovely at this time of year -lush and green with countless wild flowers and many types of birds. I have been lucky enough to see wrens and woodpeckers this year at feeders that I have placed at points along the track and have spotted tree climbers too who are great are fun to watch as they hop up the ancient caledonian pines. I had hoped to have lots of photos of the track this summer but alas so much rain... Hopefully we'll get an Indian summer later on. What you cannot see from the above photograph is that while walking along this old line the sea below you on one side. On a windy day it is hard to tell  the song of the sea from the windsong in the trees as the waves billow and the trees bend. I love it.




The red squirrels that appear regularly are so lovely and very welcome (long may the greys stay away). This little fellow was very clever, opening the nut holders from the top so as to get drier and fresher peanuts.  He was fully aware, if wary, of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment